Yummy!

Yummy!
Apfelstrudel at zum Wildschutz Restaurant, Garmisch

Friday, March 29, 2013

I’m new to blogging as the blogger.  I read blogs daily and have decided to contribute more than the occasional sentence or two to discussions on subjects that interest me.  So please bear with me as I muddle through.   A good piece of advice I was once given is to listen to what each person has to say as they may give you just the piece of information you’re looking for or may need at some time in the future—but that nugget sometimes has to be mined from lot of other info presented.  You may find that very nugget of info as you work your way through this blog.  I sincerely hope so.  I’m going to try to put some ads on the site which may help in funding.   I can use this funding to help in research and gear.  So help a fella out, will ya?  If you enjoy reading and participating in the blog, please, let your friends (but not your enemas, er, enemies) know about it and post links.  The more folks participating in the blog, the more info we can all share and use.  If I review an item, I’ll try to put up a link and maybe even a youtube link if I can.  I do reserve the right to moderate comments for trolling, spamming, and pissin’ contests that get out of hand or could result in some sort of lawsuit.  The way I envision it, we’re all sittin’ around in a virtual living room talkin’ about travel.  Folks have something to contribute so we should all do our best to be good guests.

In addition to my own writing and views, I hope to present guest articles and interviews.  A lot of folks I know have great travel experience and knowledge I think all of us can use.  Most of my recent travel has been in Germany so I’ll be talking about that often.  So what’s on the docket?  An interview with an honest to goodness, been there done that, genuine world traveler with decades of experience as a solo traveler.  An interview with a couple who travel often in my region with insights on staying at bed & breakfasts and local weekend traveling.  I’m working on picking the brain of an acquaintance close to my age who stays in hostels in Germany (multiple trips) and, like me, loves walking.  An interview with a former colleague who told me a couple decades ago that he planned to be a beach bum upon retirement and did.  He travels the coast and the waves—it should be an interesting interview.  An interview with another former colleague with entertaining insights on everything about places he and his family have traveled to.  There are others I hope to cajole into contributing also.  Of course, I’m hoping the readers here will contribute as well.  Obviously the opinions expressed are solely those of the person expressing them i.e. not particularly me (except for my opinions, eh?).

No comments:

Post a Comment