Yummy!

Yummy!
Apfelstrudel at zum Wildschutz Restaurant, Garmisch

Thursday, March 28, 2013

My first post.  Woo-hoo!  Why a travel blog?  Well folks, I hope to share interesting things I learn related to travel.  A bit about me so you can see from my perspective.  I'm in my late 50's.  I'm retired military and am an investigator by trade.  I'm a close-up magician by hobby.  I speak West Virginian primarily, followed by American English, and passable Korean and German.  I'm currently learning Italian.  I write like I talk so apologies in advance to strict grammarians.  Last kid is leaving the nest in May of this year so my wife and I will finally be free to travel--within budget constraints of course.  Like my grandfather who was a hobo during the Great Depression, I have wanderlust which must be satisfied from time to time.  I have met interesting folks during my travels and as an investigator.  I hope to post some interviews with them for a broader travel view.  As I age, I find some physical things become more difficult and I must confess to paying more attention to comfort than when I was younger.  So I plan to do reviews on gear I have found to be useful.  In that vein, I'm fast becoming a fan of the hiking ultralight movement and gear.  I like to do research on places I want to travel to so I plan to provide interesting links when I find them.  Ya'll are welcome to come visit me here on the blog and join the discussion.  Let's explore together!

4 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention guest posts will be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it AND will be following you like a beagle on a rabbit!! I speak WVirginian too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with the place. I guess the next step is to actually start traveling :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Belasarion! I realize I'm just getting started but I was wondering if I'll be hearing crickets, so to speak, in the comments section. I promise I'll get to the "meat" travel-talk-wise commencing with the March 30th post. Subject: Packing light.

      Delete